Our lawyers help families and individuals in a wide range of personal injury matters. At Gowland, Boriss, we are committed to helping our clients get the best results possible. 

Accident Benefits Disputes

Unfortunately, motor vehicle accidents are a fact of life. When they happen, they can be life-changing. At Gowland, Boriss Injury Lawyers, we believe that your main focus should be on getting better. It is our job to assist you in your recovery.

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to benefits through your own automobile insurance policy under the Statutory Accident Benefit Schedule. These Accident Benefits can include:

  • Medical and Rehabilitation Benefits—which may cover the cost of Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Psychotherapy, and medications.
  • Income Replacement Benefits—if you were employed at the time of the accident and are unable to return to work, you may be entitled to an Income Replacement Benefit while you are unable to work.
  • Non-Earner Benefit—if you were a student or not working at the time of the accident, you may be entitled to a Non-Earner Benefit.
  • Attendant Care—if you require someone to assist you with your activities of daily living, you may be entitled to an Attendant Care Benefit.

What Should I Do If I Am Involved In A Car Accident?

The first step is to notify your own automobile insurance company that you have been involved in an accident. This phone number will be on your auto insurance certificate. Once they have been notified, they will forward you a package of information, including an Application for Accident Benefits. Once received, you must fill out the forms and return them to the insurer within 30 days. We can help you with this process.

The second step is to see your Family Doctor or treating specialist, so that he or she can make specific recommendations for your treatment. They will also complete the Disability Certificate, which is part of your Accident Benefit Application. It is important to follow up with your Family Doctor and treating specialists as often as necessary and follow their recommendations so that you may return to your pre-accident level of function or as close to it as possible.

If your injuries are very serious, a Case Manager can become involved to coordinate your care. A Case Manager works closely with you and your Family Doctor and treatment providers to ensure that your rehabilitation needs are being met. We can assist you in obtaining the appropriate Case Manager.

At Gowland, Boriss Injury Lawyers, we want to put you on the road to recovery. We will assist you in obtaining the help that may be available to you under the Statutory Accident Benefit Schedule and we are committed to helping you at every stage.